We respect the privacy of all our customers and business partners, and treat personal information (personal data) provided by you to us as confidential. We comply with the Data Privacy Act of the Philippines (RA 10173) or RA 1017 and make sure that all your personal information are processed in adherence to the general principles of transparency, legitimate purpose and proportionality. We know that you are concerned how information about you is collected, processed, used and stored, and we appreciate you trusting that we will do so with every due care and diligence.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information and to whom we may disclose it.
- The choices available to our stakeholders for them to manage their personal information.
- How we safeguard personal information.
This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email email@example.com or write to: Sitio Lolokion, Poblacion, Taytay, 5312 Palawan, Philippines.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context.
B. Personal Information
As part of our dealings with you, we may collect your personal data, including but not limited to:
- Your name, gender, date of birth, address, telephone or mobile numbers, email address, mailing address, proof of identification, arrival and departure dates, room preferences, leisure activities, names and ages of children, observation of your services preference, and other information necessary to fulfil special requests and any other information relating to you which you have provided us, in submission of any form, and as a result of our interaction with you either online or offline.
- Information, feedback or content you provide regarding your interests and preferences.
- Your credit history, bank account and credit card information that you provide us in availing of our products and services.
- Your employment history, education background, resume and income information when you apply for a job with us.
- Your social media behaviour when you tag, mention, or post photographs of The Dream Resort Palawan publicly on any social media account (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
C. Collecting Personal Information
We may collect and store your Personal Information in a variety of ways:
- When you purchase or avail of any of our products, services, promos, and events.
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- When you interact with our sales or customer care agents, reservation officers or specialists, through email, phone, chat services or face-to-face meetings.
- When you submit information through manual forms, and online forms on our digital assets (i.e. websites, apps), or contact us through any of our social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- When you visit our premises with CCTV surveillance camera that are used for safety and security of our, guests, employees, and other visitors of our resort, restaurant, spa and pool facilities.
- When you provide personal information in relation to inquiries, requests, and complaints.
- When you respond to surveys, promotions, and other marketing and sales initiatives.
- When you submit a job application.
- When we receive references from third parties or our business partners (i.e when you have been referred by them).
- When you submit your personal information to us for any other reason.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to properly respond to customer needs . We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes, after which the data is removed from the system.
Also, if you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. We may use your browsing behavior to develop promotional offers, products, and services that we feel are beneficial to you.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, doing this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
E. Personal Information Other Than Yours
When you disclose to us another person’s personal information (i.e your dependent, spouse, children and/or parents) you attest that consent has been obtained from that person to disclose and process personal information in accordance with this policy.
2. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
A. Uses Of Your Personal Information
The Dream Resort Palawan collects, uses and discloses your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Provide you with product and services that you have requested, including customer support.
- Enhance your customer experience by delivering products and services that match your preference and needs.
- Communicate relevant services, advisories, responses to your queries, requests and complaints.
- Provide information about our products and services which may be of interest to you.
- Comply with the requirements of the law and legal proceedings such as court orders; comply with legal obligations, prevent imminent harm to the public, and to ensure public security, safety or order.
- To prevent, detect and investigate crime, including fraud and money-laundering, and to analyze and manage other commercial risks.
- Process information for statistical, analytical and research purposes.
B. Other Uses By Nature Of Our Dealing
Aside from the general uses mentioned previously, we may use your personal information depending on your dealings with us in any of the following manner:
a. When you are a guest or resident in our Resort and Spa
- To provide the services you request such as to facilitate reservations, conduct identity verification, send confirmations, assist you with meetings, events or celebrations and provide you information about your accommodation.
- To fulfill our contractual obligations to you or anyone involved in the process of booking your travel arrangements.
- To strengthen our relationship with you before, during and after your stay through segmentation analysis for statistical, analytics, marketing and communication purposes.
- To personalize your whole Resort and Spa experiences by presenting and administering products, services, and offers tailored to your demand including those performed by third parties such as water activities and transportation services.
- To provide you with added value services such as processing for your seamless arrival and departure, tours and activities, spa and fitness requirements and perform all financial processes related to our transaction.
- In addition, we may also collect information relating to your health, allergies and treatment preferences before the spa treatment is commenced to ensure that your spa treatment is conducted under safe conditions.
- For resort reservations, we may also ask for your travel details (including flight number, arrival and departure dates and time, as well as country/point of origin and destination) and room preferences to better prepare ourselves for your arrival and to serve you better before your departure.
b. When you are a vendor, a prospective vendor or a contractor
- To conduct appropriate due diligence checks.
- To evaluate your proposal and to conduct corresponding background checks.
- To assess your viability as a vendor and process your accreditation.
- To communicate with you about matters relating to our required products and services.
- To perform other actions necessary or desirable in the implementation of our contract.
- Any other purpose relating to any of the above.
c. When you apply for employment or become our employee
- To conduct appropriate background investigation and reference checks and pre-employment medical examination and interviews, communicate with you the status of your candidacy.
- To be able to process your compensation, allowances, expense reimbursement and monitor your attendance and leaves;
- To enroll you in our benefit programs which may include health insurance, medical insurance, retirement plan and social security;
- To assist you in your professional development through performance management, career development, seminar, workshops and training.
- To make you part of our employee engagements such as events, activities, and employee survey, incentives and discounts offered – subject to approval of management.
- To comply with our obligations under the law as required by government organizations and local government units;
- To Facilitate, upon separation with the company, your exit interview, clearances, and other procedures necessary to process your final pay
- Any other purpose relating to any of the above.
3. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
A. We may disclose your personal information to the following as reasonably necessary depending on the product and service concerned:
- Our Employees and officers.
- Professional advisers such as lawyers and auditors.
- Insurers and credit providers.
- Banks, credit card companies and their respective service provider.
- Suppliers or subcontractors, third party service providers, consultants that have been contracted by The Dream Resort Palawan to provide financial, technical, architectural, administrative services such as information technology, payroll, accounting, sales administration, procurement, training, background investigation and other services.
- Any third party businesses offering goods and services or sponsor contest or other marketing and promotional programs, where you have provided your consent.
B. We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by applicable law and/or rules and regulations;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- To the buyer or prospective buyer of any business or asset that we are contemplating to sell;
- To the clients and/or customers availing of our products and services;
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of such personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably and is likely to order the disclosure of such personal information.
- Any company with which we share information about you for the above purposes is contractually required to comply with confidentiality standards, undertake to respect any individual’s right to privacy and comply with the Data Privacy Act. We also require that these organizations use this information only for our purposes and follow our reasonable directions with respect to this information. This includes organizations which handle or obtain Personal Information as service providers for The Dream Resort Palawan.
4. RETENTION AND DISPOSAL OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing your personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- to the extent required by or pursuant to our contract;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Thereafter, your personal information shall be disposed or discarded in a secure manner that would prevent further processing, unauthorized access, or disclosure to any other party or the public.
5. ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
A. Accessing your personal information
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity .
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes
- In practice, you will either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
B. Updating your personal information
If the personal information that we hold about your needs to be corrected or updated, The Dream Resort Palawan shall make all reasonable efforts to ensure that data collected is current, complete and accurate. If you need to access, correct and/or update your personal information, you may send the request to firstname.lastname@example.org or get in touch with the customer support team of the product or services that you availed.
As part of our security measures, we will contact you and conduct the necessary verification measures to process your request. Once we have implemented the necessary corrections, we shall then notify you that your request has been processed and completed.
C. Withdrawal of consent
If you wish to withdraw your given consent for any or all purposes set out in this Policy, you may send your detailed request to email@example.com. Depending on the nature of your consent withdrawal, The Dream Resort Palawan may no longer be in a position to continue to provide products and services to you.
6. PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
A. Protecting information you submit online
B. How we safeguard your personal information
We maintain physical, technical and organizational safeguards to protect your personal information against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We also put in effect safeguards such as:
- Using secured servers behind advanced threat protection appliances, firewalls, encryptions and other security tools.
- We limit access of your personal information to those who are qualified and authorized to process them. All such persons, wherever they are located, are required by us to protect the confidentiality and privacy of your personal information in a manner consistent with our privacy policies and practices.
- Our information system/infrastructure undergo regular security vulnerability and penetration testing to ensure your personal information is properly protected.
7. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
8. POLICY FOR CAMERA SURVEILLANCE
The Dream Resort Palawan uses a CCTV system in capturing images and videos of employees, resort and spa guests and their visitors, hotel and resort guests and visitors to monitor security, crime and emergency incidents or situations within the premises. The CCTV data is stored in secure locations, accessed by authorized The Dream Resort personnel for legitimate purposes and may be shared with appropriate authority for investigatory purposes.
Individuals identified on the CCTV system have the right to ask for access to footage subject to confirmation and approval of the Dream Resort Palawan Management.
9. UPDATES TO THE POLICY
10. HOW TO CONTACT US